This page provides resumes that have been custom written for different IT jobs. We have found that resumes tailored to their field (just like ours) have a much higher rate of success because they address skills and abilities that employers tend to look for in each role. All resumes have been developed from data gathered about employer demand in our Skills in IT page.
Students are faced with the challenge of proving competency without prior experience. Our samples show students with little/no experience express themselves as credible candidates.
- Graduate Resume. A sample resume fetauring a student with very litle work experience applying for helpdesk, desktop support or systems administrator roles.
- Graduate Software Developer Resume. A sample resume featuring a university student promoting his education (including key subjects and results) to demonstrate skills and ability in software development.
Focused on customer service, meeting targets and excellent communication skills.
- Help Desk. Sample resume featuring a high school student who has completed a course in community college.
- Sales. A client and deilvery oriented sample that includes sales projections.
- Software Sales. Results driven resume with over a decade of software sales experience.
- Sales Representative. Demonstrating sales targets and accounts experience.
- Sales Manager. Sales manager resume highlighting a key achivements in team performance.
Demonstrating high level and entry level technical skills and communication skills.
- Network Administrator. Three years of experience listing technologies and protocols.
- Network Architect. Showing the progression from network support, to network engineer and then network architect.
- Database Administrator. Includes work experience undertaken after university as well as 4 years of professional experience including rival technologies Microsoft SQL, MySQL and Oracle.
- Computer Support Technician. Written for PC Support job candidates with some experience in the field including supporting desktops, laptops and tablets. Some good ideas on how to communicate the value that you delivered for previous employers.
- Software Developer. Sample resume of a current professional with 5 years of experience with C#, .NET and VB skills. This developer lists specific areas of expertise including Web Forms, User Security Controls and Custom controls, API programming and PHP.
Focused on leadership and direction. Demonstrating the ability to meet targets
- IT Director. IT director resume highlighting core competencies such as managing people, planning and organizing, strategic thinking and financial proprietary.
- CIO. Written for executives and includes cost saving strategies as well as contract and outsourcing experience.
- Display Your Strengths at the Start of the Resume
- Your resume layout should play to your strengths. If your education and training is a feature then it may be appropriate to place an 'education and training' section at the beginning.
- Use Formatting to Highlight Your Career Strengths.
- Many employers skim through resumes in order to get through large quantities in a small amount of time. Formatting can be used to clearly show skills and key achievements. If you can get a good idea of your skills and qualifications just by skimming the resume then your resume is probably well formatted.
- Keep all of the content relevant to the advertised Job
- Avoid the temptation to list every technology that you have ever used.
- Listing a technology once is not convincing enough. Use a number of examples to demonstrate expertise in an area.
- One or two references to your resume.
- Should be four to five paragraphs in length including one for the introduction and one for the closing statement.
- A 'call to action' suggesting an interview or further contact.
Q. How much technical content should I include?
A. Many IT jobs are technical in nature. As such, it is appropriate to include acronyms and limited technical jargon if they are necessary in order to respond effectively to a criterion as long as the IT cover letter is eligible.