Re: Computer IT and Software Support
Dear Sir or Madam:Your advertisement in The Newspaper X on 5 February was particularly appealing. I wish to apply for the vacancy and submit my details for your consideration.
My background, as outlined in the attached CV, enables me to meet your requirements – specifically:
• Enthusiastic and Motivated
You will find me an honest, hardworking person. In previous positions I have received acknowledgements of my work ethic.
- As a systems administrator at CollegeX I was promoted to IT Manager.
- As a network engineer at ITPathways Communications, I was presented a “2010 Superstar” award for excellent performance in my support role.
• Knowledge of Hardware, Software and Operating Systems
I have had experience with PC Hardware problems. This includes SCSI and RAID controllers on servers.
I have supported Microsoft Office, MySQL database and email clients in the past as well as several proprietary programs such as MAZE (database software).
The Operating systems I have experience with include Windows 7, Windows 2000, Linux, Novell and Cisco IOS.
• Car License and eagerness to improve skills
I have a current open drivers license.
At present I am completing studies to gain my MCP. I will continue these studies and complete my MCSE this year.
• Windows 2008 server, Exchange 2010 and Linux
As a casual support position, I am currently installing Windows 2008 server at the Corporation X head office. I also support Exchange 2010 in that organisation.
I have installed and configured Suse Linux servers and workstations past roles. I ran Red Hat for several months at home as my workstation.
Thank you for your consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to present myself at an interview. I can be contacted on (07) 3333 3333 (home) or 0411 111 11111(mobile).
[Submit New Cover Letter]