Responsible for gathering requirements, providing estimates and developing software throughout all phases of the development cycle.
- Plan and implement application design, development, support & enhancements
- Engage with the Business to gain functional reporting requirements
- Scope and design technical solutions
- Investigate issues and solve problems
- Monitor systems to identify potential problems or limitations
- Produce documentation in a professional and standardized format
- Design and implement proof of concept solutions in the development environment
- Plan and implement go-live transitions from development to production
Employer Demand %
|100||Specific programming language knowledge and expertise|
|41||Effective oral and written communication skills|
|17||Knowledge of the SDLC (life cycle development) methodology|
|8||Expert knowledge of software development processes and best practices|
|4||Familiar with ITIL processes for change and incident management|
The following salary indicators were found for this role;
Roles Not Requesting a Degree
Roles Requesting a Degree
An organized individual with strong mathematical skills and well developed logic.
Realizing quality software from conception to delivery is a rewarding aspect of this job, especially when challenging problems were overcome in the process.
Although a challenging environment can be rewarding, difficult challenges combined with constant high pressure to deliver can wear down an employee. A well balanced work environment and suitable recognition can assist with employee retention.