Ensure that the help desk produces a high quality service measured by low costs, high customer satisfaction, high rate of closure on first contact, low aged ticket ratio and a fast response to incidents. Improve customer engagement, processes, procedures, tools and communication channels that enable the team to produce these results.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email and/or using a help desk management system.
- Track statistics on issue and problem resolution.
- Apply and/or enforce ITIL, change management processes and risk management processes.
- Establish best practices.
- Develop processes for escalation to Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams.
- Produce monthly performance reports .
- Act as an escalation point for critical incidents.
- Ensure that IS&T is represented at the highest level of professionalism when communicating with clients.
- Customer Service
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Customer Consideration
- Developing Self and/or Others
|N/A||Understand the core business.|
|N/A||Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels.|
|N/A||Knowledge of Change Management|
|N/A||Understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA).|
|N/A||Customer Service Skills.|
|N/A||Excellent Communication, written and verbal.|
The following salary indicators were found for this role;
Roles Not Requesting a Degree
Roles Requesting a Degree
|Help Desk Manager Salary||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Able to develop and defend forward thinking strategy that complies with a complex set of requirements and inputs that may sometimes appear to contradict each other. For example growth vs cost saving.
This role provides a clear career path for service desk staff and is an excellent milestone in any customer service oriented career. Although the job can be high pressure, it can also be highly rewarding in terms of exceeding monthly/quarterly targets.
Staff turnover, motivation and maintaining a consistently high quality service are regular pressures on this role. A consistently challenging environment can wear even the most resillient managers down over long periods of time. It is important that the business set expectations in line with workload, tools, environment and budget.