Conduct and report audit findings making recommendations for improving process, ensuring compliance, improving operations, reducing costs and mitigating risk.
- Apply techniques such as COSO/COBIT for operational auditing
- Prepare and review audit planning documents, procedures and final reports
- Liaise with clients for the purpose of analyzing problems, workflows, responsibilities and procedures
- Develop and present the IT audit plan
- Identify and report compliance breaches
- Liaise and assist external auditors as required
- Perform regular follow-up audits on non-compliant or high risk breaches
- Write and present findings to senior management
- Work cooperatively with department managers to implement report recommendations
- Situational Analysis
- Planning and Organising
- Managing Tasks
- Record Keeping
- Processes and Procedures
|Employer Demand %||Skill|
|100||Demonstrated experience conducting audits|
|75||Working knowledge of infrastructure, application/web development and/or security|
|50||Knowledge of internal control concepts (COSO and/or COBIT)|
|38||Excellent report writing and business writing skills|
|25||Ability to analyze and interpret complex problems clearly|
|25||Working knowledge of infrastructure security (Windows Server)|
|25||Working knowledge of infrastructure security (Linux or Unix)|
|25||Working knowledge of infrastructure security (VMware)|
|25||Working knowledge of infrastructure security (LAN, WAN, Routers, Firewall)|
|13||Working knowledge of infrastructure security (Database)|
|Employer Demand %||Qualification|
|TBA||(CPA) as granted by the AICPA|
|TBA||Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) as granted by the IIA|
|TBA||Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) as granted by the ACFE|
|TBA||Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) as granted by the ISACA|
|TBA||Certified Public Accountant|
|TBA||Bachelors degree in MIS (Management Information Systems)|
The following salary indicators were found for this role;
|Role||Roles Not Requesting a Degree||Roles Requesting a Degree||Top End|
|Salary||Insufficient Data||Insufficient Data||Insufficient Data|
|Contract Rates||Insufficient Data||N/A|
Attention to detail and the ability to understand complex processes/problems help an auditor to develop an accurate understanding of the subject.
This position is well suited to very thorough individuals who enjoy accounting and/or security.
The job can be dry and/or tedious. Job satisfaction can be improved by celebrating success and tracking audit results when recommendations are realized.
No advantage alert at this time.
More Process IT Job Descriptions here.
|Enterprise Architect JD||Change Manager JD||Process Skills in IT||Leadership Skills in IT|
|Top IT Skills by Salary||Top 10 IT Salaries||Business Analyst JD||Customer Service Skills|